Saturday 28 November 2009

Making you own chocolates using Dammenberg's Nut-free chocolate range


Home-made Raisin Milk Chocolates using Dammenberg's Nut-free Chocolate:

We are frequently asked whether our Dammenberg chocolate is suitable for cooking with:  the quick answer is 'yes', but in the interest of backing up this claim, I am planning on working my way through a range of recipes to prove this for myself.  With this in mind, I recently purchased a chocolate mould and had a go at creating my own chocolates.  The results (shown here) are not quite up to a professional standard (hopefully something a little practise on my part can fix), but taste amazing.


Ingredients:
Organic Raisins

Method: 
Melt the chocolate in a pyrex bowl in the microwave (approx. 60 seconds in a 800W oven, try 10 seconds at a time, stirring between each time).
Pour the melted chocolate into the moulds filling up to 2/3 of the mould.
Add 4-6 raisins to each chocolate and use a spoon to bury them into the mould.
Finish with a little more chocolate (if required) to fill the mould to the top.
Tap the filled tray quite sharply to remove any air bubbles (easier with a rigid tray).
Place in the fridge for 20-30min to set.

Results:
For such a fast, simple method, my husband and I were amazed at the results:  these little chocolates, (reminiscent of Rolos, if only because of their shape and size), were incredibly addictiveThe milk chocolate and raisins worked really well together and the chocolate set quickly back to its former shiny finish.  All I need to do now is perfect the art of removing the air bubbles!

Variations:
As a follow-up to this success, I also tried soaking some raisins overnight in rum, before adding these to the chocolates.  Again this worked well, giving the chocolates a little grown-up festive twist, though I have to say, I personally preferred the 'virgin' versions of these raisin chocolates.  Maybe I should try some other alcohols...  

No comments:

Post a Comment