Friday 29 January 2010

Egg-free Cake recipes?

My son has an egg allergy.  I have succeeded in making him some egg-free biscuits, but even with egg substitute, I have never succeeded in creating a decent egg-free cake.  I was wondering whether anyone had any tips/ideas/recipes or perhaps could recommend a better egg substitite than the one I bought, for the specific purpose of making cakes.  It is probably too much to hope for, but egg-free pancakes and yorkshire pudding would be wonderful too!  I would be grateful for any feedback as his egg allergy is showing no signs of calming down, so he could be stuck with it for a very long time.  Thank you in advance.

1 comment:

  1. Have you tried some of the egg-less cake recipes from WWII? If you google it, there are numerous ones to try -- but I can't vouch for them, not having made them. I have used egg substitute for different things and find it pretty worthless myself. I wish I had better ideas.

    ReplyDelete